November 12, 2018 | 1month | GENERAL
As a long established event with thousands of riders and spectators joining us for a long weekend of cycling, we can give your business access to one of the fastest growing sports in the country and to an event that has become iconic within the region and within the sport itself. We already have a proud record of delivering great returns for sponsors like Virgin Money.
The Cyclone Festival WeekendFriday 5 July: A chilled start to the festival, the Tyne 6 Bridges Family Rides bring riders of all ages into the centre of Newcastle for a summer’s evening ride along the banks of the River Tyne: c. 300-400 participants.
Saturday 6 July: Thousands (between 2500 and 4000) leisure cyclists take part in our Cyclone Challenge Rides. Four routes (34, 64, 90 and 106 miles) across some of Northumberland’s finest scenery and along some of the county’s quietest and most engaging roads. Electronic timing, food stops, mechanical support and an outstanding HQ (Newcastle Rugby club) make this a very special event.Sunday 7 July: World and Olympic champions and 300 plus elite cyclists compete in our flagship races, with the men’s Beaumont Trophy and the women’s Curlew Cup. Both renowned as amongst the toughest races in British Cycling’s national men's and women's series.
- 10,000– registered subscribers to our regular Festival e-newsletters
- 3000 – Followers of the Festival’s Facebook Page
- 3500 – Followers on Twitter
- 1000 - Followers on Instagram
- TV - The 2018 races were televised on ITV - plans for British Cycling to stream & broadcast 2019 races
- £13m – The Festival’s contribution to NE economy in the first 10 years (2007-2016)
- £2.5m – Raised for charity in the Challenge Rides (our Festival is not-for-profit)
- 2.5 million – miles ridden by riders in the Cyclone Challenge Rides (2007-2018)
- 33,000 – number of participants in the Cyclone Challenge Rides since 2007
The whole area becomes a cycling festival for the weekend, with local towns and villages turning out to spectate, support and, in many cases, take part in our events. The Cyclone Festival is a contemporary North-East event like no other, bringing together the beauty and tradition of the area, the fitness and sporting ambition of youthful athletes and the thirst for adventure, fitness and new experiences of the country's rapidly growing cycling public.
As well as some outstanding headline sponsorship opportunities, we are also able to offer a number of other co-sponsorship and partnership and product-placement packages. Call us on 07710 635514 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal chat about the Sponsorship options available.